Thursday, February 10, 2011

When Will This End?

I realize that I have been off the air for a week. I wish I could say it was for good, positive reasons- sadly, that is not the case...

Our family is going on week two of sickness. We have been through the strep-throat, the flu, and now the overly congested. I totally lost my voice today and had to whisper yell all day. Let's just say that rather than moving forward with a lot of new material, we simply took the day and reviewed what we had already been working on. I was also informed that I would be getting a new student today. I had to bring in another table and change my room around and seating arrangement. It is all good. Just another kink in the chain of teaching.

Tomorrow morning at 5:30am I can officially call ETS and pay $30 to find out my test score early. Will I do that? Probably. I am tired of the worry of passing or not. Actually, I am just tired of college period. I have a paper due Tuesday, and then another the next week. Not feeling the best has led me to avoid doing anything that is not curled up on the couch half-alive. I hope to get it done.

Then, today after second recess, my son came to be covered in a rash from his waist up. I think he might be allergic to his amoxicillin. We aren't quite sure what to do with him. We are going to take him back to clinic tomorrow and see if he needs different medication. He is totally sleeping right now and should be finishing his monstrous president report that is due tomorrow.

Well, we need to get dinner started. I am very grateful that it is Friday tomorrow, and that our Fridays are always 1/2 days. Otherwise, I wouldn't be going to school tomorrow. I may or may not post about my score tomorrow...that is unless it is really good news :)



  1. Don't keep us in suspense. I know about those rashes - I had one that broke out on my legs and torso and was on amoxicillin at the time and went to the doctor, stopped taking the amoxicillin and it went away - thought I was having an allergic reaction to the detergent (my husband had done the laundry that time and I thought he had used the Tide to wash my clothes but he hadn't) but seems it was the medication. Doctor was kind of baffled about that since I had been on amoxicillin about six or seven days before I broke out in the rash. Hopefully that is all it is and everyone gets well soon. Pushing all the illness out of the house for ya'll and good news on your test score in - lol - do tell as soon as you find out (because we all know you did well) - E :)

    Elysabeth Eldering
    Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad, 50-state, mystery, trivia series

    Where weill the adventure take you next?

  2. Fingers are crossed for you on this one! Also, I hope that you get everyone over the sicknesses soon.

  3. How'd you do on your SLLA???

  4. Since I already know you passed, you must be feeling super bad to have not posted your test results by now. I hope you and your family do feel better soon (seems you all went through this last winter too - one would get sick, another, then a couple more and soon everyone had it and it went around a second time on some of them because it seems you all had it going on for about 3 or 4 weeks then). Hurry and spread the good word about your test, please - lol. Feel better - see you in class in Tuesday - E :)

    Elysabeth Eldering
    Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad, 50-state, mystery, trivia series

    Where will the adventure take you next?


Thanks for sharing your thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You Might Also Like Reading These:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...