Monday, May 30, 2011

Day #7- ICU

The sabbath day started out wonderful. I was able to sleep in a little bit and then quickly shower and get over to my wife. She was doing wonderfully well. I was please to arrive and have Jayna, her nurse, tell me that all was well. My wife's sister and her husband stopped by and visited for quite some time. While they were visiting, Brother and Sister Kendall stopped by and allowed us to partake of some spirituality. It was very calming and wonderful.

After my wife's sister and husband left (which by the way, left me with an envelope and  with something for "me" inside. Your gift was more than generous and gratefully accepted). After they left, I sat with my baby until Colter and Becky came and visited with my wife and I for a while. That got us to No Visiting Hours time. Colter and Becky had previously invited me over for dinner and the use of their laundry facilities. It was a wonderful time, to be around a family. I enjoyed playing with them and hearing children laughter again. I have missed that dreadfully. After all was said and done (and we ate our BBQ baked cookies) they generously returned me to the Guest House first, and then across the street in front of the hospital at which point I returned to my wife's side. I arrived to find another of my wife's sisters here. That was a pleasant surprise. I visited with them for a while before settleing down to sitting by my wife. It was interesting to watch how they freshen them up with a sponge bath, clean sheets, etc. It made me happy to see that they are really making an effort to keep her clean and happy as possible.

I decided to come home earlier tonight so I can be ready to be at the hospital by 7am tomorrow. She is scheduled to enter the surgery room at 8am and I want to be with her for a few minutes before they take her into surgery. Tomorrow is going to be a wonderful day as well because I get to see my oldest daughter and 6 year old son. I am hoping to find a way to get my oldest son up here soon, and definitely want to seem my two baby boys. So much is happening so fast I can't hardly keep up.

I apologize if there are lots of typos. I keep waking up to find a row or two of some random letter, so I will take that as a sign to sign off and sleep. I will update as soon as possible after the surgery.
Tomorrow is going to be a great day-

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and prayers coming your way!! I hope that Allisha gets better very soon!!


Thanks for sharing your thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You Might Also Like Reading These:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...