Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day #30- Home

So, Day 30 and a few positives to share.

Talked to the hospital in Price. I won't do a transcript of that experience, but they will be "getting back to me" tomorrow about being able to put my account on a freeze until we decide what we are going to do as far legal action is concerned. I don't think we will do anything as we don't really feel good about it, but it isn't out of the questions as bills are still piling in.

I did pay her ER room account in full today. After all, they did send us to UVRMC and real help.

Support from the community continues to pour in. My wife and I have been so humbled by all of it. I have truly learned the meaning of humility from this experience. It is something that I am striving to process and understand.

To my wonderful friend who worries that I am repressing my anger, I probably am. I work hard to keep an even temper (although is doesn't always work) and then find times when I am alone to process my anger. I don't scream, I don't cry (anymore), I simply think over things and let me anger burn. Then I feel a bit better and I am able to move on.

I think that as time passes and we find our groove as a family once again, that things will settle down and I can resume my "normal" life.

Well, it is late and I am tired. Not much to report today.

Thanks again for all that is being done. We appreciate it more than you can know...



  1. I truly hope you get back to your normal soon. I'm glad you're still writing; as long as it helps.

  2. Eventually you will get back to the summer you so looked forward to (no school for you and spending time with family). I'm not so sure that you don't have a big malpractice case in that if the operating surgeon had to leave to perform another surgery and these complications arose (which are truly atypical in every since of the word; I've had 3 C-sections and the worst complication I had from my third one was a hernia, which was repaired and ruptured again but different surgeon and different type of operation). I honestly think that the extent of the complications far outweigh not feeling right about pursuing legal action. You need to know that if the operating surgeon did leave, that makes him negligent at the very least of his duties to your wife. His job was to perform an emergency C-section and make sure that there were no complications. From the descriptions in your early postings, the extent of the infection, the bowel problems and her having to have a total hysterectomy would lend itself to a malpractice suit. Please don't take this too lightly. I know C-sections are major surgeries, that is why they keep women in the hospital for at least four days, no matter how well they feel (first one, I cried for several days afterward as it was painful; second one I was begging to go home the day after or the night after/early morning two days after and the last one, I was wanting to go home the day of my surgery but they wouldn't let me go home until the fourth day on any of them.

    The fact that you and your family have suffered due to this is nothing short of malpractice and neglect, especially since Allisha had made several calls and had indications of not feeling well at all so soon after the surgery. She was never treated properly in the days shortly after her surgery. This reminds me of a case of my cousin, who after her fifth child in May, complained that there was a problem with her breasts; doctor told her her ducts were infected and prescribed antibiotics; went for her 2-week checkup and was told again her ducts were infected and put on another course of antibiotics; a month or so later, same thing; by time she was sent for a second opinion in August, it was too late - she was discovered to have breast cancer that had metastasized so much that they couldn't even operate on her knowing that just opening her up for any surgery would be instant death. She passed away in December (either Christmas eve or Christmas day or the day after Christmas) that same year - so only about 7 months or so from the time her last child was born. If only they had listened to her at the beginning they probably could have saved her and she would be alive today. She was only 35 at the time of her passing; her youngest child is now between 12 and 14 years of age.

    Please don't take a malpractice suit as something you don't feel right about; the doctors neglected your wife even after she made several complaints that something was not right and that she didn't feel well and several trips to the clinic (where her only care was a PA?) and then ended up in a hospital ICU for weeks - not just days away from her family. This is not normal by any means. (okay - I should get off my soapbox and get back to work here and will chat with you later) - Mrs. E :)

    Elysabeth Eldering
    Author of the JGDS, 50-state, mystery, trivia series

    Where will the adventure take you next?


  3. ha ha, thanks for addressing my concerns so nicely :o) i'm glad that you're letting your feelings eek out here and there :o)

    you're handling things so much better than i think i would be able to--so i'm grateful for your example, i really am.

    i'm glad to hear that you're taking care of john too. :o)


Thanks for sharing your thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You Might Also Like Reading These:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...