THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!
A friend sent this along to me. I can't think of a reason to disagree.
.Congressional Reform Act of 2010
1. Term Limits: 12 years only, one of the possible options below.
A Two Six year Senate terms
B. Six Two year House terms
C. One Six year Senate term and three Two Year House terms
2. No Tenure / No Pension:
A congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security:
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund moves to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, Congress participates with the American people.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan just as all Americans.
5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
7. Congress must equally abide in all laws they impose on the American people.
8. All contracts with past and present congressmen are void effective 1/1/11 .
The American people did not make this contract with congressmen, congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.
I wonder if Jim DeMint here in South Carolina would go for it and introduce this. He's been steady working hard to make sure the people he represents have a say and he speaks fairly for all citizens. He's been helping fight things like CPSIA (fiasco law that is still haunting us and will forever until it is totally banned or revised with workable solutions - but as of yet the stupid people can't even come to a consensus on what is reasonable and workable for the people and not for them). I should forward this to him and see where he stands on this - lol - E :)ReplyDelete