Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day #27- Medical Tower, Floor 6

Day 27- this is our notice that we have beat you! BWA HA HA HA!!!
In just a few short hours we will be heading out and you will no longer have power to hold us back.

Oh the joy. The excitement. The relief. The pure happiness that can only be found in the reverie of a true celebration.

>>>>>> Fast Forward 5 Hours <<<<<

Houston, the Eagle has landed! We have made the trek home and we are loving it. So to relive the last few hours here is how it went down:

After Dr. Lichti told us that we could leave, we immediately started to pack, organize, and just be happy. It was painful to wait the two hours for my father to arrive from Green River. He was sure a welcomed sight. We loaded up with bags and "stuff" that we had collected over the past month. My wife got to ride in a wheel chair (with a load on her  lay) and my father and I trailing balloons and other things galore. We got her loaded into the Tahoe and away we went.

I can't tell you how nice it was to feel liberated from the hospital, knowing that I wouldn't have to be back later in the evening or next day or hopefully EVER! We had to stop by the guest house to gather all my crap as well. I was also able to donate one night's stay that I had paid for along with my deposit for another family who was in need. If felt good to give back a little bit.

We stopped for lunch, a quick stop at Sam's for needed food items for my wife, and then one stop break in Price at Wal-Mart to fill my wife's prescriptions before making it home.

When we pulled up our kids were all waiting by the door with a little sign hanging that said Welcome Home. Inside was another large banner that Kristin had made that said Welcome Home. It felt nice to be welcomed. The kids were so cute. Cautious but excited. It was so wonderful to have my kids piled on my lap telling me all about the things they have done or are going to do still this summer.

The night ended with everyone sleeping where ever they crashed. Our littlest one did pretty good during the night, it was just poopy to have to get up early for church meetings so I really didn't get much sleep. That is okay, it is SUMMER! :)

Well, I will try to keep up updated on the recovery phase of this experience. I get to call the dr. office on Monday and discuss the bill I just got for the c-section. That will be fun. I let you know how it works out.



  1. Glad you finally got home, John. I'm also glad that you're wife is doing so much better.

    Thank heavens for small miracles.

  2. YaaaaaaaaaaYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! And....


    Let me add....




Thanks for sharing your thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You Might Also Like Reading These:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...