Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

So, the day began with a wonderful good morning kiss from my wife and only got better from there.

School went really well today. After a field trip yesterday, I was a little apprehensive to see what kind of behavior I would  get to deal with. My class was a teacher's dream.

After our bi-weekly trip to the library (which was totally awesome), we returned to the classroom to find that a wonderful mother of one of my students (and no, it wasn't my wife) arrived with cake and ice cream for all the students. It was a very thoughtful gesture, and one that I didn't thank the giver for enough (Thanks Cindy). 

After school, I was able to simply relax at my desk and grade a few papers before heading home. I had the opportunity to work with one of my voice students this afternoon. After the lesson I was able spend a little time playing with my kids.

My wife started making a wonderful dinner. My favorite dinner is Philly-Cheese Steak sandwiches. She also made steak fries. Yum. We had a good friend over to share dinner with us.

After dinner, we opened gifts and had homemade cheesecake. Now, THAT was some seriously tasty food.

It truly has been a wonderful day. Thanks for all the well wishes, love, cards, and everything else.

Later...


5 comments:

  1. Cheesecake for a birthday cake is just this side of perfect! Glad you had a wonderful day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, I AMOST came down last night...but when I didn't get out of work until after 6, I decided against it.

    Happy Birthday again, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me share part of your day with you and your family. I'm glad your day was a good one. Allisha made a delectable dinner and dessert. (As always... :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Mr. H! Cheese cake....you're one lucky man.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...

You Might Also Like Reading These:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis